Could you be there for children?
At Childline, our free counselling service for children, a child contacts us every 25 seconds. And thanks to our dedicated volunteers, who do a shift each week, we can offer support when it’s needed most.
To make sure it stays that way, we’re looking for more brilliant people who want to make a difference.
After you get trained and set up in your local base, you’ll be helping children and young people who need someone to talk to. Listening to them at first and then offering support, information, or practical advice.
Interested? Then get ready to take a life-changing step forward – for you and for children.
“Being there for young people feels fantastic.” Omar, Volunteer Childline Counsellor
So who are we looking for?
While Childline is committed to training volunteers, applicants do need to meet certain criteria for this role. Can you demonstrate the following traits?
- A genuine passion for helping children and young people.
- The ability to identify and manage emotions (your own and other’s).
- Good IT skills.
- Good communication skills (written, oral and listening).
- An empathetic and non-judgmental outlook.
- The ability to work in a team.
- A willingness to give and receive feedback.
- Openness to learning.
- Being able to maintain confidentiality.
- Emotional resilience.
We are currently recruiting for training taking place in September.
To find out more please contact the Volunteer Co-oordinator on 0121 227 7545 or email [email protected].