Adavu is a Birmingham based project (part of the Birmingham Methodist District), which offers long term support to adult survivors of modern slavery who are making the transition into life in a local community.
- Could you offer support and practical help to our clients? Befrienders should be reliable, approachable and have good interpersonal skills. Being a Volunteer Befriender for Adavu might involve:
- Accompanying clients to specific appointments, e.g., to register with a new GP.
- Assisting the client with practical tasks; e.g., finding local shops
- Advocacy work; e.g. a phone call on behalf of the client if a housing repair issue arises.
- Social support; friendship and social opportunities, e.g. a visit to a local park, or cultural event
- Are you available for 1 morning or afternoon a week?
- Do you have use of a car; or are you confident in using public transport? All travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- All potential volunteers will be required to undergo a criminal record (DBS) check.
Adavu is a project of the Birmingham Methodist District (charity no. 1134167)