United Reformed Church: Mission Development Officer
The United Reformed Church (West Midlands) Synod is seeking a Mission Development Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and creative mission enabler and facilitator. You will help local churches understand their church and mission environments, supporting them to engage and participate in God’s mission locally and in the wider world, often following a Local Mission and Ministry Review. As an advocate for developing discipleship you will encourage discipleship to be at the heart of all we do.
The post holder will be a strategic thinker, creative in approach and confident in communicating with small and large groups of people of all ages, backgrounds and situations.
- be excited about mission and helping others to reach their potential
- have the ability to enthuse and facilitate
- be able to develop and deliver training for different learning styles
- have a working knowledge of the latest resources, ethos and practices in mission
- understand the nature and dynamics of the local church, barriers to effectiveness in mission, and mission potential in a variety of contexts
- be able to work independently and as part of a small Synod team.
This is a home-based, full-time, employed post with the expectation that you will attend Synod Office for meetings as needed. Some evening and weekend work will be required. The successful post-holder will have the right to live and work in the UK.
In accordance with the Equalities Act 2010 Part 1; Schedule 9, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a practising Christian.
Please apply using our application form. CVs will not be considered. The job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.
Interviews: Monday 25 March