Faith, Ethics & Climate Change
5:00-7:00pm, Tuesday 2nd May 2017
at University of Birmingham Multifaith Chaplaincy, Selly Oak
Speakers & Discussion: 5:00-6:30pm
• Steve Baines – Climate Change Chaos: Faiths filling the leadership void?
• Kamran Fasil – ‘Faith in action’: Tanzanian Eco Village case study
• Professor Richard Tuckett – Our responsibilities as individuals
Buffet Supper & Conversation 6:30-7:00pm.
Optional buffet: students & unwaged free, visitors £5. Please let us know when registering if you’d like the buffet.
Students & visitors welcome!
About the speakers
• Steve Baines recently completed a Masters in International Development (Environment) at Birmingham University. He led the recent Small Footsteps environmental workshop for young people and has held senior positions in the building industry and attends Christchurch Church, Selly Park
• Kamran Fasil has held senior roles with Muslim NGOs doing aid development work around the world, he specialises in tackling environmental degradation as a tool to fight poverty. He is currently on a sabbatical and has just completed his Masters degree in Environmental Sustainability. He is also a signatory to the Islamic Declaration on Climate Change made in Istanbul.
• Richard Tuckett is Professor of Chemistry at Birmingham University, a Quaker, whose work on upper atmosphere chemistry is directly relevant to the science of climate change
Book your tickets at http://peacehub.org.uk/footsteps/events/faith-ethics-climate-change/