The workplace chaplaincy ‘Churches And Industry Group Birmingham-Solihull’ (CIGB) will hold its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 14 June at…
Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
On Sunday 6 February 2022, the Queen became the first British monarch in history to reign for 70 years. To mark her landmark achievement, celebrations will take place throughout the year, with special four-day Bank Holiday weekend from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June:
· On the morning of Thursday 2 June, the Queen’s Birthday Parade (‘Trooping the colour’) will take place in London.
· At 9.45pm on Thursday 2 June, beacons will be lit around the country and the Commonwealth.
· Also at 9.45pm on Thursday 2 June, choirs large and small around the Commonwealth are being invited to sing the specially-commissioned song ‘A life filled with grace.’ For more details – and to sign up your choir – follow THIS LINK.
· On Friday 3 June, a Service of Thanksgiving will be held in St Paul’s Cathedral.
· On Saturday 4 June, members of the Royal Family will attend the Derby at Epsom Downs. A ‘Platinum Party at the Palace’ will be broadcast from Buckingham Palace in the evening.
· On Pentecost Sunday, 5 June, Platinum Jubilee Street Parties and/or ‘Big Jubilee Lunches’ will take place around the country. The Platinum Jubilee Pageant will proceed along The Mall in London.
To help local churches mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, ‘HOPE Together’ has partnered with the Church of England, the Methodist Church, Biblica, the Word and Worship Trust, ‘Thy Kingdom Come,’ the Pais Movement, Youth For Christ, YouthScape, The Message, Prayer Spaces In Schools, the Girls’ Brigade and the Boys’ Brigade to produce a series of ideas and resources, which can be found on the Platinum Jubilee website HERE. These include:
· A beautiful 64-page gift book, ‘Our Faithful Queen:70 years of Faith and Service’ by Catherine Butcher. Copies cost £1 each for orders of over 50 copies. Information and orders HERE.
· A Platinum Jubilee animation and book, ‘The girl who grew up to be Queen,’ published in partnership with The Entertainer and ‘Hope for Every Home.’ The book introduces the Queen and her Christian faith to the under-fives. Information and orders HERE.
· The anthem ‘Rise Up and Serve’ commissioned by ‘HOPE Together’ and written by contemporary hymn-writers Graham Kendrick and Rend Collective. Listen to the song, download its lyrics, sheet music, backing track and more via THIS LINK.
· An invitation to engage in ‘70 Acts of Service’ in the community, based on Stewardship’s ‘40 Acts.’ Download the ideas from HERE.
· Platinum Jubilee mugs, bunting and banners from CPO, accessible via THIS LINK.
· A Street Party planner, developed in collaboration with the Methodist Church and The Big Lunch, available HERE.