Woodbrooke has been a place of meeting and fellowship for nearly 120 years. Once the family home of prominent Quaker…
Training seminar on unemployment support
Jericho’s ‘Ignition’ Unemployment programme, ‘Faith at Work in Worcestershire’ and ‘Churches and Industry Group Birmingham-Solihull’ are working together to stage an online training seminar about providing unemployment support. The event will take place via Zoom on Tuesday 1 December, from 14:00 – 16:00. The seminar is aimed at anyone concerned to respond to those experiencing unemployment, including anyone interested in finding out about setting up a local job club or support group.
– Topics to be covered at the seminar include:
– Where are we likely to meet people facing redundancy?
– Having a simple conversation about redundancy and the experience of being unemployed.
– A toolkit for those offering one-to-one support, helping people deal with the trauma of losing a job, signposting to sources of help, exploring retraining and practical steps towards getting a new job.
– Reaching out to help as part of our Christian calling.
To book a place at the seminar, follow THIS LINK. Enter your name and e-mail address, and a Zoom link will be sent to you the day before the event. To find out more about Jericho’s ‘Ignition’ Unemployment programme, click HERE. Read about ‘Faith at Work in Worcestershire’ HERE. Find information about ‘Churches and Industry Group Birmingham-Solihull’ via THIS LINK.
Birmingham City Centre Retail Chaplaincy ‘be.friend’ is making plans for its ministry to the staff and stall-holders of the Frankfurt…