Birmingham City Centre Retail Chaplaincy ‘be.friend’ is making plans for its ministry to the staff and stall-holders of the Frankfurt…
Young Christian Climate Network relay in Birmingham
The Young Christian Climate Network is undertaking a pilgrimage to Glasgow, to arrive in time for the COP26 climate conference, which will take place in November. The walk began at St Ives, Cornwall, during the G7 conference of 11 – 13 June. This week, the pilgrimage pauses for a residency in Birmingham, before moving north to Tamworth, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester.
During this week, a number of events will take place in Birmingham, to which all are welcome. There is no need to register in advance:
· 3.00pm, Monday 23 August – The walkers arrive at St Philip’s Square, B3 2QB.
· 2.00pm, Tuesday 24 August – A meeting at St Philip’s Square, B3 2QB, to lobby local politicians.
· 12:00pm to 2:30pm, Wednesday 25 August – Stalls and displays in the grounds of St Philip’s Cathedral, B3 2QB, to engage the public concerning climate justice. Involved in the mix will be Footsteps, Birmingham Friends of the Earth and the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill Alliance.
· 3.00pm to 4.00pm, Wednesday 25 August – A multi-faith blessing for the YCCN climate relay will take place at Chamberlain Square, B3 3AX.
· 5.00pm, Thursday 26 August – Welcome at St Philip’s Square, B3 2QB, for those who have undertaken a tributary walk from Wolverhampton to Birmingham
· 9.30am, Friday 27 August – The climate relay departs from St Chad’s Cathedral, B4 6EU.
For more information about the Young Christian Climate Network relay, click HERE.