On 15 February each year, the Coptic Orthodox Church worldwide commemorates the lives of its contemporary martyrs on the anniversary…
Centenary of Assemblies of God
On 1 February 2024, Assemblies of God in Great Britain will mark its centenary, having been formed at a meeting in Whitehead Road, Aston, on Friday 1 February 1924. Assemblies of God is one of the three original indigenous British Pentecostal Churches, alongside the Apostolic Church and the Elim Foursquare Gospel Alliance.
Just 15 people from around the country attended the meeting which agreed to form the new fellowship of independent Pentecostal congregations, though the denomination grew rapidly in the years that followed. Today Assemblies of God consists of over 500 churches in almost 600 locations throughout Great Britain. It is a Pentecostal movement which believes that every individual can and should have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have the opportunity to be part of a local, vibrant church. Assemblies of God seeks to empower and build local churches that are relevant to people of all ages. It is committed to transforming communities by reaching out to all, regardless of age, race or gender. Read more about Assemblies of God in Great Britain HERE.
Congregations belonging to Assemblies of God in Birmingham/Solihull include:
- Bromford Bridge Christian Church (Facebook page HERE)
- Sureway Church, Aston (Facebook page HERE)
- Mount Zion Community Church, Aston (Facebook page HERE)
- Life Community Church, Hockley (Facebook page HERE)
- The Bridge Church (Facebook page HERE)
- Trinity@Birmingham (Facebook page HERE)
- Millpool Hill Church (Facebook page HERE)
- Sheldon Community Church (Facebook page HERE)
To mark the centenary of Assemblies of God, Birmingham Churches Together’s Robert Mountford has organised a celebration walk on Thursday 1 February 2024:
- Gathering at Life Community Church, 407 Lodge Road, Hockley B18 5PW, at 10.30am
- Visiting the site of the founding meeting at the top of Old Park Walk, Birmingham B6 5EP, at 12.00pm
- Visiting Mount Zion Community Church, 70 Thomas Street, Aston B6 4TN, at 12.45pm
- Finishing at Trinity@Birmingham, 150 Coventry Road, Birmingham B10 0SE, at 3.00pm
All are welcome to join a short time of fellowship and prayer at these locations on 1 February. For more information, e-mail THIS ADDRESS.