Action Not Words
Following the COP26 Glasgow Climate Conference, Birmingham Faith Leaders Group is holding a conference, open to all faith communities and individuals concerned about what to do next for climate justice.
This is a hybrid event, with the option to attend in person, or watch the speakers via Facebook Live (you don’t need an account). Please indicate when registering whether you will be joining in person or online, so that we can send you the relevant details.
We recognise the powerful responsibility of faith communities to take action: this event is part of our collective responsibility to care for the earth and its people. Join us to:
- hear from speakers who have been at the COP26 conference;
- learn about what Birmingham’s faith communities are already doing;
- identify actions we can take in four key areas: transport, buildings, food, and collective responsibility.
Speakers (online & in-person)
- A Reflection on COP26 – Kamran Shezad, BAHU Trust
- How do we mobilise a Faith Community – Prubhjyot Singh, EcoSikh
- Working in our Communities and Networks – Dr Simon Slater, EcoBirmingham
‘Action not words’ workshops (in-person only)
- Transport – how do we get people out of their cars?
- Food – how do we offer hospitality in a sustainable way?
- Buildings – how can we make them sustainable?
- Collective responsibility – how do we develop our ability to act together?
Plus conclusions from Cllr Waseem Zaffar, Birmingham City Council and Rabbi Yossi Jacobs, Chair of the Faith Leaders Group.
Click HERE to book